The conventional doctors tend to treat menopause, rather than the person experiencing menopausal symptoms. Many don’t even bother determining hormone levels. A quickly prescribed fixed dosage of artificial (nonhuman) hormones, such as Premarin, made from horse urine, is the standard way by the conventional doctors.
But every woman is different, and each will experience menopause in a unique way. That’s why it is crucial to run comprehensive tests before beginning any hormone program, followed by periodical blood checks to ensure hormone levels are in the optimal range.
- Affects all women
- Drop in progesterone level, beginning in 30s. Dramatic drop in estrogen level, beginning in 40s, along with testosterone diminishment
- Decreasing hormonal levels result in changes that can seriously affect physical and mental health
- Increased anxiety
- Emotional upheavals: diminished sense of well-being, loss of motivation
- Sleep disturbances
- Stubborn weight gain, body shape changes
- Persistent, unexplained fatigue
- Difficulty in sexual arousal
- Vaginal dryness
- Hot flashes
- Cognitive concerns: lack of focus, clouded thinking, memory loss
- Cardio concern
- Aches, pains and stiffness
- Lack of skin elasticity
Since 2005, Texas Anti-Aging Medicine Institute has offered comprehensive bio-identical hormone therapy, resulting in many positive changes in our female patients. Feeling better and looking younger are just a few of the reported benefits!